The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for coordinating daily activities of employees involved in the development of design drawings for new and/or revised projects or products as well as employees involved with the development of cost estimates for new and/or revised projects. This individual coordinates the creation of CAD generated drawings and other engineering data. Plans and establishes engineering schedules and follows up performance against estimated deadlines. Ensures accuracy of engineering data and adherence to established organizational standards and objectives. Provides guidance in process specifications and design standard reviews. Provides required data to Engineering Manager for development of departmental annual budget. Administers personnel functions, including recruiting, training, discipline, performance reviews, and assigning goals of direct reports.
Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create a work environment which positively pushes the employees to achieve at a high tempo pace without compromising accuracy.
- Develop a culture of teamwork focusing on solution based activities
- Communication of activities / problems / issues / successes within the engineering department to the team and upwards to the Engineering Manager as needed.
- Effective communication both verbal and written with the ability to alter from your preferred style based on the audience
- Action Oriented. Must be willing to take feedback and follow up on such to ensure positive outcomes for the organization.
- Prioritize daily work loads of direct reports to ensure projects stay on schedule;
- Understanding of urgency to meet the company and customer timeframes.
- Provides assistance in ensuring accuracy of engineering data.
- Ensure processed engineering data meets established standards.
- Provides assistance in interpreting specifications and design standards.
- Provides budget data to Engineering Manager.
- Provide technical support to other departments, customers and vendors.
- Approves time off requests for direct reports.
- Involved in interview process for new engineering hires.
- Provides assistance in training of direct reports.
- Addresses Non-Conformances that are issued for direct reports.
- Responsible for discipline, performance reviews and assignment of goals for direct reports.
Position requires working out of our headquarters in Lewis Run, Pennsylvania.
Some travel may be required.
Education and/or experience minimum requirement:
- Associate degree in engineering related field a minimum requirement. Individual needs supervisory or lead experience and abilities. Four year related college/technical degree a plus.
- English Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents such as design descriptions, specifications, blue prints, technical procedures, pressure calculations and other engineering data.
- English Language Skills: Ability to effectively speak and present technical information to other internal departments, subcontractors, vendors and customers. Project a professional image to visitors and customers.
- Regular use of desktop computer including Microsoft Office and company operations software. Experience with or the ability to learn and effectively utilize enterprise resource planning (ERP) business process management software. Previous use of Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus.
Full-time salaried 1st shift position. Pay based upon education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Jury duty, and Bereavement Leave.
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Applicants meeting the criteria above must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, possible pre-employment testing, interview, and background investigation in order to qualify for full-time employment.
Allegheny Bradford Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster, Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster, E-Verify Participation-English Poster, E-Verify Participation-Spanish Poster,
Right To Work-English Poster, and Right To Work-Spanish Poster.
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
Phone : 814-362-2590
Fax : 814-362-7081
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org